We like Trader Joe's at Food Lush. Delicious, inexpensive, original products with the friendliest cashiers I've possibly ever interacted with at a grocery store. Not to mention, cheap booze and lots of samples. Seriously, I'd go there just to HANG OUT if I could.
Texas just got its first Trader Joe's this summer and since it opened, I've been an impressive THREE TIMES. I'm basically a TJ's pro. I should start a spin-off blog.
I have come up with a list of favorites, and I thought I'd share specifically for all the Texas writers and readers who may need some tips from someone who freqents the exact store they'll shop at.
1. Creamy Yogurts. Kyle loves these, and we've convinced him they're dessert (they kind of are).
2. Dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I really can't keep these in the house very often or that's all I eat, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. Jalapeno hot sauce. This is delicious! But it's also hot, hot, hot. I usually douse my food in Louisiana hot sauce and this is 3x as hot, I'd guess. (I learned that the hard way.)
5. Cinnamon raisin bread. Kyle eats cinnamon toast for breakfast most days and this is the best cinnamon bread he's ever had, according to him.
5. Vinho Verde. It's $4.99 at my TJ's. It's SO GOOD. I usually buy something like three bottles. Judge if you must.
6. Margherita frozen pizza. One of the best frozen pizzas I've had in a while. For those nights where even making a sandwich is too much to ask of me.