I have some random food related thoughts floating around in my head, so here goes!
- Yay and Hooray: I got a promotion at work! This is great, except that gone are the days that I can kind of sneak out on a really long lunch. I need to eat quickly! So I have got to start bringing my lunch to work on a regular basis again. But I'm bored of everything! Last Sunday, I made the aforementioned Chicken and Leek Stew, and it was incredible! I ate that for four days, and this week I'm making my favorite BBQ Enchiladas, which, have you made those? Why not? GO NOW. I'm also planning on taking a lot of soups to work: my doctored up Pacific Foods tomato for instance. But I need more ideas. What's in your lunch box lately?
- Relatedly, what is your favorite fast food salad? There will be inevitable days where I forget my lunch, and I need something quick and healthy!
- Last night Aaron and I ate at the Company Cafe's newest location on Katy Trail in Dallas, and it was even better than the last time (see my previous review here). For an appetizer, we shared the cajun risotto cakes, which reminded me that I took a risotto cooking class and made these and fell in love with them. And then promptly forgot all about it. Go make some risotto cakes now! It's an easy way to get rid of extra risotto (if you could ever really possibly have that problem).
- One of my hobbies is buying delicious gluteny things, taking one bite out of the item and then giving the rest to Aaron. Today I did this with a cookie at Central Market. Y'all. This cookie. It had pretzels. It had chopped up KETTLE CHIPS. It was amazing. And sounds a lot like this Toll House recipe.
- I have another work related quandary. I'm going to be working later now, which isn't the end of the world, but means that often I will be going straight to the gym from work. I have to confess that on days that I have a late class at the gym, I eat dinner around 5:30 because I cannot wait until 9:00 pm to eat dinner, and I'd rather do that than eat a snack. Now that must change. I need a good 150-200 calorie snack to eat at work before the gym. And y'all. I don't eat fruit. So this is a real problem. What would you eat if you were me?
What foodie thoughts are popping around in your head this week?