1 lb ground or chopped meat/poultry
1 tbsp Southwestern seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1 can enchilada sauce (red or green, depending on your meat – green for chicken or pork, red for beef or turkey)
1 can Rotel
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can chopped chilis
1 can white or yellow corn, drained
1 small onion, chopped
12 6-inch yellow corn tortillas
Cheese (approx. 1 cup)
sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges as desired for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
1. Cook meat and drain as needed.
2. Add seasoning, enchilada sauce, Rotel, chilis, onion, corn and beans (and cooked rice or any extra veggies/simmerable ingredients you add); Let simmer until thickened.
3. Cut tortillas across into strips (easy to do with a pizza cutter) about 1-2 inches wide.
4. Spray baking dish (8x8 or round) with cooking spray.
5. Cover bottom of dish with tortilla strips; Spoon meat mixture on top; dollop sour cream, sprinkle cheese and cilantro.
6. Repeat layers until meat mixture is gone.
7. Bake until cheese is melted.
8. Serve with lime wedges if you'd like.