I'm a busy single girl living in the city. So sometimes, I get so busy that I don't have time to do my grocery shopping and meal planning over the weekend. This means I have to do it all on Monday, after work, when I'm ready to gnaw my arm off.
In those instances, I like to have an easy, go-to meal that I can easily shop for at the store and make quickly once arriving home so I don't thinking about grilling my cats for dinner.
One of these meals is a Mexicali Skillet recipe I got out of a Weight Watchers cookbook about eight years ago. This cookbook was written for me because all recipes are five or less ingredients and can be made in 15 minutes. Perfect for those of you who don't like grilled cat!
The recipe is so basic and simple, yet so flavorful and so filling! It's a win-win!
- 5 oz uncooked pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I use Rotel for an extra kick)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the meat. Drain and mix in taco seasoning according to package directions.
- Open cans of beans and tomatoes.
- Add to meat.
- Add pasta to meat.
What are your go-to, easy weeknight meals?