When I planned my monthly menu, I planned on making Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. That sounded so good. When it came time to make it, I was fresh out of time. I improvised. I started throwing things in the crockpot. I'm happy to report that cooking by the seat of my pants totally worked, this time! My husband really enjoyed this soup. He's not a big soup eater, so this is a compliment coming from him.
Crockpot Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 3-5 carrots
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 32 oz of chicken broth
- 1/2 lb of pasta
- Cut up celery, onion, and carrots into bite size pieces.
- Place frozen chicken and veggies in crockpot.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients.
- Add seasonings (oregano, salt & pepper).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When I got home I put a pot of noodles to boil, I used rotini. Cooked noodles until done, strain and then add to the crockpot.
- Add more salt & pepper if needed and shred chicken with a fork while it's in the crockpot.
- Stir and serve.
Serving Size: 6 bowls of soup
Photo Credit: Me!