I'm always really interested in what other people are eating. I'm particularly interested in what people eat for breakfast, as it's pretty much my least favorite meal of the day and also one that I know other people don't frequently eat.
In the past two years or so, I've realized that my day goes MUCH better if I eat some protein at breakfast. It's easier for me to concentrate, I have more energy and I don't get hungry for lunch nearly as fast as I did when I was eating only carbs for breakfast. It's kind of a no-brainer, but it took me forever to realize!
Here is a small survey of what I eat for breakfast on a regular weekday:
- GF bread or English muffin, toasted, with SmartBalance, peanut butter or almond butter and a Greek yogurt
- One GF frozen waffle with Greek yogurt spread on top and either blueberries or sliced banana on top of the yogurt
- Small serving of cereal with almond milk and sliced bananas and a Greek yogurt
- Green smoothie with protein powder added and toast or waffle
- Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and granola mixed in
- Microwaved scrambled eggs with spinach, tomatoes and a little bit of cheese
And I always have a cup of black or chai tea with milk.
I'm not one to eat last night's dinner for breakfast; for me, breakfast has its own flavors and they should be kept seperate from lunch or dinner flavors. If it's a weekend morning or if I have a little bit more time, I'll eat scrambled eggs on quinoa with salsa on top, or maybe a frittata or pancakes. (Here's a nice archive of what other Food Lush writers eat for breakfast.)
What do you eat for breakfast? Are you a breakfast protein fiend like me or are you the type to just grab a granola bar?