Every so often I am invited somewhere and need to bring a little hostess gift. My dance card is not so full that it happens every week, but when it does happen, I always wish I was one of those organized ladies who have a stack of gifts ready to be given. I am not that lady. I may never be that lady. If I was that lady, though, here is some of the booty I would be bestowing upon my hostess friends.
1. Love burlap bottle bag, $5, from Sweet C's. Pop in your favorite vino, and you have a lovely gift Martha Stewart would be proud of. Although, she would have made the bag herself. (Don't forget to enter the giveaway for this cool bag here!)
2. Marimekko Pot Holders, $13.50, from Hannah's Boutique. A stylish print for a stylish hostess.
3. Wild Cherry Coffee Scoop, $12.50, from Kitchen Carvings. Pair with a bag of gourmet coffee, and you're set.
4. Orange Cranberry Loose Tea, $3.90, from T-Party Antiques. Buy three tins and get a free steel tea ball. Some for you and some for the hostess! (Check out the discount below!)
5. Kahlua 'n Cream marshmallows, $8, from the Groovy Baker. These might make it to my apartment, but they probably won't leave it.
6. 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, $18.25, from Vermont Maple. Perfect for a brunch!
7. Caramel Apple Handmade Soap, $5, from Lippincott Soap Co. So delicious you'll want to eat it. Which is why it is on this food blog.
8. Turquoise Wooden Napkin Rings, $10, from Turquoise Roller's Set. Totally person-specific (like me) but you HAVE to check out this shop. Gorgeous turquoise items!
9. Honey Sugar Body Scrub, $16, by One Honey. After throwing a gorgeous fete, the hostess deserves to wind down with a sweet scrub like this.
10. Honey Mustard and Honey, $13.50, by One Honey. This organization has a great story. "In the winter of 2004, three passionate beekeepers conceived and created Chicago Honey Co-op. Our goal is to provide job training opportunities for the under-employed while operating a small business which sells at Chicago area Farmers Markets. Owned by our members, our Chicago bee farm is home to 50 hives. We teach beekeeping and host a community farm where our neighbors can learn to grow their own food." Buy some delicious condiments and support a good cause!
11. 8 Vegan Dark Chocolate and Orange Liqueur Truffles, $20, from The Truffle with Joel. Even vegans deserve a sweet treat now and then. I'm eyeballing these for my vegan Momma for Mother's Day.
12. Wine Snob 4 Pack, $10, by Idea Field. I think these are just funny. Perfect for your wine-knowledgeable friends.
13. CHUCK Wine Tote, $12, by Idea Field. I would give this with... Two Buck Chuck. It's only natural.
14. Tahitian Vanilla Sugar, $8.75, by Orcas Alchemy. Perfect for the baker or coffee lover!
15. Indian Spice Kit, $20, by Cook Outside the Box. Do you know someone who is interested in branching out their cooking but is hesitant about buying all the spices? Surprise them with this spice kit and you'll be invited over for Tikka Masala in no time.
16. 20 Floral Recipe Cards, $15, from Studio K Graphic Design. Score all the fabulous recipes from the soiree with these chic cards. It's a win-win! (Check out the discount below... making this one a win-win-win!)
17. Fig and Vanilla Soy Candles, $22, from Sydney Hale. Delicious scent and a luxurious gift for your friend.
18. Vintage Inspired Dessert Pedestal, $15, from Burlap and Blue. Bringing dessert? Why not put it on this adorable dessert platter. Your hostess will thank you doubly.
19. Chocolate Donut Soap with Sprinkles (Vegan), $5.50, by Howard's Home. You'll be tempted to take a bite, but you'll come up all wet. This adorable donut is actually soap! A cute hostess gift for people with kids or a good sense of humor.
Lovely Susan, from T Party Antiques, is offering readers a 10% discount off their order from March 3 to March 17! Just enter the Coupon Code: FOODLUSH! In addition to an assortment of loose leaf tea, Susan's store carries adorable antiques that remind me of a long gone era:
Save 10% on a vintage glass cake pedestal ($21.90); a super cool galvanized metal wash board that can be used as a magnet board ($29.90); a vintage Wolverine metal toy stove with pots ($47.90) and adorable vintage aluminum toy teapots ($9.90). Check out T Party Antiques for more fabulous finds!
The talented Kim, of Studio K Designs, is also offering a 10% discount to all readers for the month of March with code SPRING10. Check out these cool personalized wine labels ($15); personalized weekly menu planner ($10 for a pdf); and retro recipe cards ($17).